So…I have a food blog now. And yeah, it’s extremely cliché…but who cares? I’m pretty sure worse things happen on the internet.
I love spicy food
- I collect hot sauces (seriously).
- I add unreasonable amounts of heat to everything.
- I’m into inferno / diablo / hellfire food challenges .
- I have a handful of free T-shirts (and ‘pictures on the wall’) to prove it.
- I believe exciting food = exciting life.
I love writing
- Writing is fun.
- No further explanation required.
I love sharing
- If I experience something great (in tech, music, food, whatever), I’ll push it onto anyone who will listen.
- I recently discovered a hot sauce that was so good that I felt compelled to share it with people I know.
- I thought: Why not extend my capacity to share it with…everyone?
- Then I thought: Why not seek other spicy experiences to share as well?
So, I snagged a clever domain name (I hope?) and a handful of matching social media accounts. Then I set up a quick WordPress site and added some initial content.
The concept, for now, is SpiceGuide — my tribute to spicy food. If nobody uses it (or cares), that’s totally fine. I’ll still enjoy having a place to add great recipes, products, and restaurants/dishes that I find worthwhile. If it evolves into something bigger, awesome.
I just got started this a few days ago (and am still testing a handful of ideas/content)…but hopefully the momentum continues to build.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Let me know!