Soooo I now have a working version of the app live on heroku.
Things you can do with it…
- Sign up
- Look at static pages
- (Literally that’s it)
Things you can’t do with it (for now)…
- Post anything
- View/follow other users
- Update your profile
- Delete your account
- Modify users (as an admin)
- (Literally anything else you can think of)
Other things I’ve noticed
- Doesn’t look great on mobile (perhaps we’ll get to this in a later chapter)
We covered quite a bit of ground on this one. Here’s a quick recap:
- Built the actual sign up form
- Introduced a debugger via the
byebuggem to help isolate problems if/when they occur (and also help see what’s happening after each request)
- Created when users sign up (and send them to their initial profile page)
- Created when users don’t sign up properly (fail our tests for validity/format/etc).
- Added SSL (https) to our production environment (heroku) — this encrypts all relevant information before it leaves the local browser and goes to the server/db.
So yeah, it’s starting to look and feel like a real app, which is neat .