While working on concepts for a recent side project I decided it would be a good time to dig deeper into wireframing/prototyping with Balsamiq Mockups.
After a quick test drive (and watching their super helpful guides and video tutorials) I quickly understood why Mockups is the go-to tool for UX & interaction design:
- Simplicity: limited, high-quality feature set — they’re focusing on the best solution for a specific problem.
- Speed: it really is rapid — you can build out a minimalist version of pretty much anything in ~10-15 mins.
- Fun: you get to build stuff and it’s clearly a great inbetween for design/dev/product folks.
Currently it’s $89 (with a 30 day free trial)…which is totally worth it.
- Balsamiq is one of the many tools Dan Olsen recommends in The Lean Product Playbook.
- Balsamiq 101: Wireframe Quickly & Effectively (from medium.com)